Details for participation in the 2013-14 Charity Champions contest will be available in August 2013.
To participate in Charity Champions, high schools must:
- Apply for participation by October 19, 2012.
- Once selected, submit an Activity Plan by November 2, 2012 detailing fundraising plans to the best of your ability.
- Submit a W9 to receive $500 seed money for your school.
- Provide Power to Learn with a Release Form for participating students.
- Fundraising activities/events that are considered eligible during contest period must take place between September 1, 2012 and June 14, 2013.
- Invite Power to Learn to attend and cover at least one fundraising event at which, or after which, Power to Learn will donate $1,000 for your charity.
- Submit Portfolio by April 12, 2013 – after all activities/events are undertaken/planned, schools will be eligible for the Grand Prize, once they complete their participation summary:
- Online Summary Form: a series of questions that addresses the following points:
- Name and description of the charity for which you raised money. Is the charity local, national, international? Why did you choose it? How will your efforts impact the charity?
- Number, description and date of fundraising events. Please describe the planning that went into each event, and the amount of money raised at each event. Please DO NOT include the Cablevision contribution of $500 to the school or $1000 to the charity in your totals.
- Please describe the level of participation in your school, school community and community at large, considering level of effort, volunteer hours, number of students, parents, teachers, community members involved etc.
- Please describe any creativity and originality in the fundraising and/or any thematic tie-ins to the charity.
- Provide any additional information that you feel the evaluators should know about your efforts.
- Materials: If available, please submit any posters, photos, invitations, flyers or other materials that were created to support and promote the activities. A CD of any video or photos taken can be included. Print outs are also acceptable. The video should not exceed 5 minutes in length.
Supporting materials can be submitted via email to email@example.com
or mailed to:
Cablevision Education Department
Attn: Evelyn Cruise
1111 Stewart Ave
Bethpage, NY 11714
- Winners will be selected and announced on or about April 19, 2013.
- Grand prize winners will hold in-school events to receive prize money between
April 22 and June 7, 2013.